Blog Archive

Tuesday 13 May 2014

Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser

Hello Beautiful People,

Today's review is on Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser. I have been interested in the Baby range from Maybelline for a while, I'm sure you are well aware of the hype surrounding this new range! So needless to say I was excited about trying this out.


It is pretty obvious from the look of this item that it is a dupe for Benefits Porefessional, they both come in tube format and have a similar cute and brightly coloured design. The difference is in the price. Maybelline Baby Skin retails at £7.99 per 22ml whereas Benefit Porefessional retails for £24.50 per 22ml. They also have some ingredients in common; Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer & Silica.



Maybelline Baby Skin is described as a "Translucent gel primer which blurs the appearance of enlarged pores, lines and other imperfections to create a matt and flawless canvas for make-up to glide. The mattifying formula keeps the skin feeling and looking fresh with a baby soft feel, improving the staying power of your foundation while creating a look of a more refined and smoother skin texture".



Well I read this and was excited to try the product for myself. Firstly lets talk about the consistency of this primer. It is a gel silicone based primer and it gives a soft velvet type feel to the skin after application which I like a lot! I have also noticed that it has provided a mattifying affect to the oily areas of my skin.




I agree that the primer does make my make-up much easier to apply, my foundation and concealer glide on perfectly to my skin and still look exactly the same after hours of wear. I think over everything else this makes this affordable primer an absolute bargain at £7.99. 


In terms of minimising pores it does a good job as it disguises them with the use of silica to smooth the skin. However, it is not immaculate, so have realistic expectations when buying this and don't expect miracles.



So onto the Pros and Cons of Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser



Pros: 


  • Affordable
  • A little goes a long way
  • Smooth matt finish
  • Conceals large pores
  • Controls shine
  • Cute packaging
Cons:

  • Scent - it is unscented but smells slightly medicinal when applying, this doesn't last throughout the day though!
Overall:

I would definitely buy this primer again! For the price I am more than willing to put up with the smell and the lack of complete coverage. It is super cute and makes my skin feel so smooth. I have never applied make-up quite as easily as with this primer and it produces a matt look that lasts all day.

Comment and let me know your thoughts on Maybelline Baby Skin :)

 photo Signature_zpsdbf5ab73.png

4 comments:

  1. I've been really wanting to try this out...it's not yet available here. I have heard some good things about this primer...shame about the scent though.
    Loved the details of this review!

    Keisha xo
    www.chrysalisgals.blogspot.com
    www.chrysalisgals.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Keisha. Really glad you enjoyed the review! Whereabouts are you from as its not long been out in the UK :)

      Becky x

      Delete
    2. You're welcome! I'm in Bermuda..so it may be a little while longer.

      Delete
  2. Does the USA works better than France?

    ReplyDelete